We’re a pretty laid back group. Our moto is “work hard, and be nice to people.” But your safety is the only thing more important to us than your fitness. So there are a few ground rules we like everyone to be aware of:
- Be respectful of your fellow athletes and staff – we’re all here to get fit, have fun and support each other along the way.
- Leave your ego at the door – we love the competitive fire of CrossFit. It’s part of what makes it so effective, challenging and fun. We do our best to provide guidance every step of the way, but at the sound of 3, 2, 1 GO!, you’re responsible for knowing your own boundaries.
- Ask questions – if you don’t know, please ask! This goes hand in hand with rules 1 and 2.
- Injuries – everyone is susceptible to the occasional aches and pains. But just because Rocky had Mick cut his eye open so he could finish the fight doesn’t mean you should take the same approach to your training. If you’re not feeling 100%, let us know and we can work with you to safely modify your program or refer you to the relevant health professional.
- Respect our equipment – put away all your gear and feel free to lend your fellow athletes a hand putting theirs away. Never drop, throw or slam empty barbells or kettlebells on the ground.
- Let coaches coach – While support is great, giving technical advice and coaching is not. We have experienced coaches who know what they are talking about and it’s their job to inform, instruct and coach technique.
- Be on time – we fit a lot into an hour of training and it’s important that you receive proper instruction.
- Have fun – if you’re not doing this, then none of the others really matter. The best CrossFitter in the world is the one having the most fun!